Pilkington Travels, LLC is my company name, and I am an independent affiliate of Travelex International. That is a mouthful, but it is all important! Travelex International, established in 1992, is a Virtuoso® member travel agency that advises travelers in personalized leisure travel, custom group travel & corporate travel. As a Virtuoso® member, one of the top 1% of travel agencies worldwide, we provide custom itineraries for our distinctive clientele to the seven continents of the world and throughout the United States.
As a travel advisor, I now know that my first job is to educate people about what a travel advisor does and the value of using one. Here are five things that stand out to me!
- “Travel Advisor” is now the correct term. A great travel advisor, along with their own expertise, has an extensive, international network and support system to guide their clients through the process of planning travel. This includes selecting the best flights, hotels, experiences, and even restaurant recommendations, as well as support along the way. The old travel agent might have been a person to book airfare & hotels, but our industry has evolved to meet (and exceed) the needs of 21st Century clients!
- Travel Advisors should be paid for their time and expertise. If you want the best accountant, you pay them for their services, even if you are getting a tax return. While a travel advisor may charge a fee, the overall trip cost will be very similar, if not lower, than booking independently, but the VALUE of having the support of an advisor is priceless. A travel advisor will be there for you if anything goes wrong. For example, if I book air through my agency, Travelex International, and your flight is canceled, we can deal with the airline for you, often before the general public knows about it!
- A Virtuoso travel advisor, which I am, elevates every trip. We know how to get the best value for your time and money, and, thanks to our global connections, we can VIP you at hotels, on cruise lines, on tours, and more. All of our suppliers are vetted to ensure that they offer a high level of quality and service.
- As a travel advisor, it is an honor to help clients wisely use their hard-earned money and leisure time. Americans, in particular, are often criticized for not traveling internationally. However, when someone has only two weeks out of the year to vacation, they stay close to home. That is fine! However, I hope to educate clients that it might be possible, and more gratifying, to do more with your time, while staying in your budget. If you choose to go to the same resort you’ve always enjoyed, maybe there are extra perks available through an advisor!
- You might find an excellent deal from one of the popular travel sites, and those actually can be fine. However, you don’t have the one-on-one support of a travel advisor who can make sure you have a good flight (minimal connections, good seat, etc), choose a hotel that meets your desires, and support you from beginning to end with personalized trip specifically for you! We can also get you perks that you can’t get on your own or on the internet.
Please contact me to explore your travel options!