Want a free trip? Book a group with your favorite travel advisor! Cruise lines, in particular love groups, and there are very nice rewards available for booking a group! In general, the group leader can travel for free, and everyone in the group gets extra perks, sometimes including discounted fare.
The good thing with a cruise is that you can see members of your group as much or as little as you like! Technically, you’re only a group because you’re booked together. You’re not forced to do anything together while traveling.
- A group of complete strangers
- Family Reunion
- Friends/Class Reunion
- Bible Study
- Book Club
- Solo Travelers
- Yoga Class
- Weddings/Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties
- Wine Group
- Supper Club
- Corporate Incentive Trips
- On & on & on….
Here are a few examples of how groups work with the cruise lines I love best:
- 1 free (tour conductor) for every 9 passengers
- 1 free cabin for every 9 cabins (double occupancy)
- Unlimited tour conductors
- $250-500 discount per person
- Group Amenity Program (added perks)
- Additional perks because I’m a Virtuoso Advisor!
Norwegian Cruise Line
- 10 berths (people)=1 TC (tour conductor credit)
- TC can be used by the group leader or divided among the group
- 5%-10% discount, based on cabin category
- Added amenities/perks (choose from open bar, specialty dining, onboard credit, cocktail party, etc.)
- 10 cabins minimum for a group (called “Circles”)
- Sailor Loot (onboard credit) for everyone (double Sailor Loot if you book before December 31!)
- Circle Chest: Earn Circle Voyage Credit, based on a percentage of cabin fares, to be used however you like!